Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This casserole is just as fast and easy to make as it is delicious. It calls for chicken breasts, but you may prepare with it thighs or any part of the chicken you like. It is adapted from Cooking in a Casserole by Robert Ackart (1973).
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- 1 (10 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 large lemon (grated rind and juice )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- Brown chicken breasts in olive oil in casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cover the casserole dish at bake at 350 F for 60-90 minutes, or until it is tender.