Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook5 hrs 30 mins
As the garlic in this dish is slowly baked with the chicken, the flavor mellows and the natural sugar in the garlic cloves caramelizes making the final product quite sweet.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Peel the garlic, leaving the cloves whole.
- Put the oil into a large, heavy baking pan that will hold the chicken pieces in 1 layer. Add the celery, parsley, and tarragon. Arrange the chicken pieces on top and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Turn the chicken several times so all the chicken is coated well with oil; toss in the garlic.
- Cover with heavy duty aluminum foil, making sure the edges are tightly sealed.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours without removing the foil. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until browned.
- Serve the chicken with the garlic.