5 hrs 50 mins
5 hrs 30 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
As the garlic in this dish is slowly baked with the chicken, the flavor mellows and the natural sugar in the garlic cloves caramelizes making the final product quite sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F Peel the garlic, leaving the cloves whole.
- 2Put the oil into a large, heavy baking pan that will hold the chicken pieces in 1 layer. Add the celery, parsley, and tarragon. Arrange the chicken pieces on top and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Turn the chicken several times so all the chicken is coated well with oil; toss in the garlic.
- 3Cover with heavy duty aluminum foil, making sure the edges are tightly sealed.
- 4Bake for 1 1/2 hours without removing the foil. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until browned.
- 5Serve the chicken with the garlic.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Forty Cloves of Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 908.1
- Calories from Fat 633
- Total Fat 70.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 230.0 mg
- Sodium 628.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 58.7 g