Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great chicken dish. Very easy to put together. I love the sauce -- its great over rice or mashed potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add the flour, salt and pepper; stir until smooth. Cook and stir a minute or two to lose the flour taste.
- Gradually add milk and bring to a boil.
- Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the mayonnaise, dill and curry and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Place in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
This was very good! The sauce is delicious and the chicken stayed moist. We used fresh dill from out garden. Make sure to stir the sauce from time to time, as the nature of it tends to form a cooled film layer after a bit. Will make again.
This is a great chicken recipe that I have made many times. It is always enjoyed whenever I serve it. Thanks for posting it - now I don't have to! : )