Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from an australian women's weekly magazine Low fat and quick to make.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 20 g fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4 flat mushrooms
- 500 g baby bok choy, quartered
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- combine honey, soy sauce, sherry, 5-spice, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper and creyene pepper with the oil in a small jug.
- place chicken in a med bowl with half of the honey mixture, toss to coat chicken in the marinade, cover, refrigerate for 10 minute.
- meanwhile cook mushrooms and bok choy, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue) until just tender. cover to keep warm.
- drain chicken but keep the marinaded honey.
- cook chicken on the same oiled plate until browned on both sides. cover and stand for 5 min, then slice thickly.
- meanwhile, combine the remaining honey mixture in a small saucepan with the stock.
- bring to the boil, stir in blended cornflour with the water, cook stirring, until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- divide mushrooms and bok choy among serving plates, top with chicken and pour over the sauce.