Recipe by glitter
I like this dish because it is versatile in that you can change the seasonings to alter the flavor even though the flavor in itself is wonderful. The walnuts add a great nutty flavor to the mushrooms and chicken strips. It is a filling meal. It can easily be divided for more depending on what you are serving or if it is the only meal.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (turkey can be substituted- pound out slightly but not too thin)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (or you can add more if you like...)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and Pepper the chicken.
- I like to add a little homemade Essence to this, or paprika.
- Then dredge your chicken into the crumbs.
- Bake the chicken at 350* for about 15 minutes until you lose the pink.
- Of course, this will take longer if your chicken are larger.
- Cut the chicken diagonally in strips when done.
- Keep each piece relatively together as one and hot until you are ready with the sauce.
- Place the chicken on top of the pasta.
- The following sauce will cover all.
- Heat 2 Tblsp. oil in a large skillet where you will saute the mushrooms and the walnuts.
- Let the mushrooms reach a nice golden color.
- Add the cream and continue stirring until the mixture begins to thicken approximately 5 min.
- Turn your heat down to warm.
- When the sauce slows and stops simmering, add pepper and cheeses.
- Stir until the sauce is smooth, but do not boil.
- Serve this sauce over your chicken and pasta.
- Don't forget your parsley sprig for that added touch.
- I like mint sprigs too.
- I've even made this with veal cutlets, and the sauce is very good with it.
- Very versatile-- can be elegant or just plain.
- Serve with a variety of vegies, I like a broccoli asst.
- ,and a pasta, or potato etc.