Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Other than peeling the 40 cloves of garlic, this casserole "spin" on the classic dish is a cinch. And, as long as everybody partakes in this delicious meal, nobody has to worry about "garlic breath"!! ;)
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) whole chickens, cut up (or use only your favorite chicken pieces)
- 40 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley (Italian parsley)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken pieces close together in a single layer in a shallow 9x13-inch baking dish. Distribute the peeled garlic cloves evenly over the chicken.
- Drizzle with the wine and olive oil. Distribute the celery on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with the basil, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until the chicken is cooked through.