Recipe by swissms
Perfect for a cocktail party. Guests scoop the salad into lettuce leaves for easy eating. Simplify preparation by using purchased roasted chicken. Bon Appetit, February 1994.
- 6 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces wild rice
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) roasted chicken, skinned, boned, meat cut into 1/3-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 bunches arugula, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups pecans, toasted, chopped
- 3 heads romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan. Add rice and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until just tender, about 50 minutes. Drain well.
- Transfer rice to large bowl. Mix in chicken, bell pepper, arugula and green onions.
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar and oil in small bowl. Pour over salad and mix to coat. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Mix nuts into salad. Place salad in center of platter. Reserve outer romaine leaves for another use. Arrange inner leaves on platter around salad.