Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces walnuts
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 4 green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Partially freeze chicken, then cut in strips completely thaw and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat 1 tbl oil in large nonstick skillet, on medium high heat saute chicken strips 1/3-1/2 at a time until no longer pink inside.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet with remaining 1 tbl oil saute walnuts, mushrooms, until walnuts begin to brown and mushrooms soften.
- Diagonally cut green onions add to skillet along with chicken, add garlic, sherry, soy sauce and sugar.
- Continue cooking on medium high heat stirring frequently until heated through.
We loved this! I added a little red pepper but otherwise followed this exactly. This is not an overly "saucy" stir-fry, so my Chinese style rice noodles were crying out for more sauce (not the fault of the recipe). The flavor is excellent! As with all stir-fry recipes, it's crucial to have everything cut up and ready to go before beginning to cook. This is one fabulous chicken walnut stir fry! Thanks for a winner!