1/1 Photo of Chicken-Vegetable Manicotti With Spinach Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I really love the filling for this manicotti recipe. Packed with veggies and flavor, Yum! This recipe is great to use up leftover chicken. From 1001 Low-Fat Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup choped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped summer squash
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti, cooked
For Spinach Sauce
- 1For Spinach Sauce:.
- 2Saute garlic in margarine in large sauce pan 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in flour and cook over med heat 1 to 2 minutes more. Stir in milk; heat to boiling. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Stir spinach and remaining ingredients into sauce. Cook, uncovered, over med heat until spinach is cooked, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4For Manicotti:.
- 5Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over med heat until hot. Saute onion and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes. Add remaining vetetables; saute until tender, 5 to 8 minutets. Stir in herbs and cook 2 minutes more. Stir in chicken, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- 6Spoon about 3 tablespoons chicken-veggie mix into each manicotti; arrange in baking pan. Spoon Spinach Sauce over manicotti. Bake at 350 degrees, loosely covered with aluminum foil, until manicotti are hot through and sauce is bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-Vegetable Manicotti With Spinach Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 535.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese