Recipe by Laura O.
Another recipe pulled from an old issue of Quick Cooking. This creamy, slightly spicy soup is unique because it uses flour tortillas cut into strips as noodles.
Top Review by Amylehw
I've been making this soup since 2001 (Inauguration Day to be exact -- I needed some comfort food. ;) I took it to my SIL's house for a soup supper once, and everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. It's sooooo easy to throw together, even after work if you have the chicken cooked and shredded ahead of time. I usually have all the ingredients on hand, except maybe the green onions. I always double the recipe, because one batch is just not enough for us. I'm making it today for Blizzard 2009, and came here to post the recipe. We love, love, love this soup!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 flour tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine broth, soups and milk.
- Add the chicken, corn, mushrooms, chilies and onions and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the tortilla strips.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.