Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this the other day, when I had to slap something on the table fast. Next time I would include some peas and mushrooms.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in strips (fairly large ones)
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups cream (give or take depending on how much sauce you like)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and rinse.
- Brown chicken strips in olive oil in large skillet.
- Melt the butter and stir in flour to make roux.
- Whisk in cream, garlic, salt, pepper and onions.
- Cook on low until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally and stir in swiss cheese.
- Drain off oil from chicken and add tortellini and sauce to skillet.
- Mix together and serve.
This was the firsart disaster I've had from recipeza. I made it for my family and we ended up tossing it out. The onions were so overpowering that we couldn't eat it and by the time I got far along enough on the sauce to realize it, I had wasted almost fourty dollars on ingredients that couldn't be saved from the onions. I suggest cutting it down to one green onion and one clove of garlic or even a half. That might be a little easier to eat. Also, i'm not crazy about the swiss. I prefer a lighter cheese, especially if using a cheese filled pasta in the first place. My family and I agreed this isn't something we'll try again.
I made this for dinner the other night. We liked it, but it seemed to be lacking something. And the green onions were a little overpowering. It was enjoyed, so thanks for posting!!