Recipe by McCormick Kitchens
An authentic Mexican dish made with shredded chicken and onions simmered in a spicy chipotle sauce. It is typically served on crunchy tostadas and garnished with your choice of desired toppings, such as shredded lettuce, Mexican crema and avocado.
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package McCormick® Tinga de Pollo, Chicken Tinga Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 16 tostadas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat until tender.
- Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomato sauce and water. Bring to boil. Stir in chicken. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chicken on tostada shells with Mexican crema or sour cream and shredded lettuce, if desired.