Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe offers a delectable dish fit for family and friends. Easy to prepare as well as easy to cook, this dish will have everyone licking their lips. This recipe would make great Indian style tacos using naan for shells.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- salt, to taste
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder (ground from 5 green pods)
- 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- In a large bowl, combine half of the lime juice and a pinch or two of salt. Mix well. Place the chicken thighs in to the marinade and stir to coat. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- In a blender, mix 1/4 cup yogurt, ginger, garlic, cloves, remaining lime juice and the coconut oil.
- Pour mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the remaining yogurt, cinnamon, paprika, cayenne and cardamom powder. Mix until the paste is smooth.
- Drain the chicken and add in the yogurt mixture. Marinate overnight or for up to 24 hours covered in a refrigerator,.
- Cook on a moderately hot grill or broiler for 6-8 minutes per side. Serve with lime wedges.