Chicken Thighs With Lemon and Garlic
- Heat oven to 375°F Place stock into a pan and bring to boil. Add garlic cloves, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Heat butter and oil in a saute pan. add thights and cook gently on alll sides til golden. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and place in oven till stock is ready.
- Strain stock and reserve garlic cloves. Add flour to the fat in the pan that the chicken was cooked in for about a minute.
- Add wine, stirring constantly to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Add stock and cook, stirring til sauce has thickened and is smooth. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place garlic and lemon slices atop the chicken pieces. Pour the sauce over the chicken and lemon and garlic cloves. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve.