Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 stalks celery, plus 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 small whole onion, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 7 ounces spaghetti
- salt and pepper
- parmesan and cheddar cheese, to taste
- Wash chicken and rub with salt. Put in large pot and cover with just enough water to cover. Add celery stalks and onion. Boil 45 minutes. Cool. Remove chicken from bones. Remove celery and onion and cook noodles in broth. Melt butter in skillet, add mushrooms and celery and cook until tender. Remove from heat. Add chicken, soups and sour cream, stir. Combine with noodles and broth, add salt and pepper. Pour into greased 3 quart casserole. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.