Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband made this for me on our first Valentines Day together and it has been one of our favorite recipes!
- 8 ounces spaghetti (Cooked)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons green peppers (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked chicken (Cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan melt butter.
- Add flour and stir until creamy.
- Add Chicken Broth and Cream and simmer until thick.
- Remove from heat and add green peppers, mushrooms, chicken, and parmesan.
- Mix sauce and spaghetti together in a large casserole dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
My boyfriend and I loved this recipe. Although I found it a little bland. When I reheated the leftovers I added more cheese and it was even better than the first night. I also substituted red pepper as I don't like green and added peas which gave this dish an interesting flavor.
This is a great recipe for a family. It is inexpensive but elegant and everyone will enjoy it. We did!!