Recipe by Sitka Sound
Easy and light tasting chicken tacos. Super tasty with lots of room for creativity. Add corn, substitute shrimp, or throw in some diced red bell peppers. I make these with healthy ingredients. If you want to use full fat or more traditional ingredients, go ahead. But if you stick to the recipe you won't miss the added calories.
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high.
- Add onion and cook stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and jalepeno, cooking one minute stirring frequently.
- Add chicken and cook on all sides about 4-6 minutes, depending on how thinly you sliced it.
- Don't overcook the chicken. It should be a little underdone at this point!
- Add drained tomatoes and chile. Heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Squeeze 1 1/2 limes over chicken and stir.
- Serve with a slotted spoon into warmed tortillas.
- Garnish with remaining lime wedges, cilantro, light sour cream, fresh avocado, corn salsa -- .