Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick and easy soup that I've grown up eating every winter. My mother let me have this recipe to put onto Recipezaar to share with you all. This only takes about 30 minutes to make..and in the end its all worth it..it tastes really good :)
- 250 g chicken breasts
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 310 g creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 1 egg
- 30 g finely chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- Thinly slice or dice chicken, add too stock and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Stir in the corn, sherry and salt to taste.
- Beat egg lightly and quickly whisk into the hot soup.
- Garnish with chopped ham and spring-onions.
Yes! Quick & easy & delicious! This really hit the spot. Made for the 8/07 Aussie Swap.
DM and I have just devoured more than 1/2 of this between the two of us. Suggest 4 serves if having as a light meal and 6 if a soup course to a meal. Very easy to prepare but was so anxious to try I forgot to put the spring onion and ham on top (had some with the second smaller serve and well worth the addition). I did use boneless thigh meat (about 300 grams). Thank you Polly_Waffle_Kid and your family for this delicious recipe. Made for Recipe Swap #5 June.