Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe comes from a community cookbook from Lanark County that my friend Sandra gave me....This dish was submitted by Mrs. Chris Drew...and boy is it good...Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
Surprise indeed! I have to say this looked plain weird in the pan before going into the oven. It came out luscious in both appearance and flavor. We trust BK to give us something we like and BK comes through again. We followed the recipe exactly (except part of our jam was plum), and no regrets. Very easy if slightly messy: DH made it and LL declared it TDF. Made for OZ/NZ Swap March 2008.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (large)
- 125 ml Italian salad dressing
- 125 ml peach jam or 125 ml apricot jam or 125 ml marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional) or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken overnight in salad dressing. (do not discard dressing).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay marinated chicken in baking dish and pour dressing over top.
- Smear chicken with jam and sprinkle the mushrooms and onion soup mix over the chicken.
- Season with pepper and drizzle sherry overtop of everything.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven covered for 55 minutes, then remove cover and cook for 20 minutes longer.