Recipe by Sharon E
This is a basic Poppy Seed Chicken recipe with a twist. Mushrooms and a dry white wine have been added to give more of a stroganoff flare. Great served over wide noodles or rice.
- 4 chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄4 lb saltine crackers (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first seven ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place mixed ingredients into a 9 x 13 inch greased pan or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers over chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle Poppyseed over crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until mixture in hot and crackers have turned a light golden brown.