Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
i adopted this recipe and it looks great! it was attributed to the looneyspoons cookbook.... i have not made this----yet!
- 4 cups unpeeled cubed red potatoes
- 2 cups whole baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions, vinegar, oil, garlic, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp rosemary, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Roast, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes minimum, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Add green beans and roast 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, put wine and balsamic vinegar with remaining thyme and rosemary into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken cubes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook, uncovered, for about 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Add roasted vegetables to saucepan.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups broth.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and remaining broth until no lumps remain.
- Add to saucepan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, until stew is bubbly and thickened.
- Serve hot.
Believe it or not, this exact recipe is in the latest edition of "Taste of Home" magazine! I was going to post it here after making it last night, but gosh darn it, you beat me to it...by about 6 years-LOL!!! This is amazing stew...I followed the directions exactly (I even borrowed the 1/2 cup of wine from a neighbor since I quit drinking and am in recovery). By the way, I think step 6 you should only use the wine, the entire amount of vinegar should be in step 2. Very simple and healthy for you too!
100 stars if I could! This stew is awesome. The roasted veggies smelled so amazing and the seasonings were perfect. The only changes I made here were using just a little spray oil in the roasting pan and on the veggies, instead of 1 T of oil. I also used just 1 lbs of diced chicken breast meat that I had in the fridge. I used 4 cups of broth and only 1 T of flour because it was a little too thick. I was confused by the directions with the vinegar...step 2 and step 6 both say to use it, so I just split it up and it seemed to work fine. I simmered the chicken in the wine for a quite a while, it really soaked it up and you could taste the wine everytime you bit into a chicken piece. So, so good, I am making this again today for freezing and foodsaving and giving it to everyone I know! THANKS!