Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe. Cooked in foil parcels so there's hardly any cleanup either!
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons clear honey
- 4 tablespoons mirin or 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 5 cm gingerroot, fine shreds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 200 g water chestnuts, chopped
- 200 g rice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook rice according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, cut out four 30cm foil squares.
- Put a chicken breast onto each square and top with a sliced shallot each. Bring the foil sides up around each and seal at the short ends.
- Put 1 tbsp of soysauce, 1 tsp honey, and 1 tbsp mirin into each packet. Divide the shredded ginger and minced garlic among the packets. Seal the packets.
- Put the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Mix the spring onions and water chestnuts into the cooked rice and put onto 4 plates. Slice the chicken breasts and arrange on top of the rice and serve.