Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy, tasty, and filling. I can't really say much more than that. Certainly not gourmet, but then we aren't much into gourmet around here.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, split
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix first four ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag, then add chicken and shake to coat.
- Brown chicken breasts in hot shortening, approximately 8 minutes per side; remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms, soup and oregano to pan, stir until smooth, and cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Pour macaroni in the bottom of a 9x13 glass pan, mix in peas and half of the soup mixture.
- Place chicken breasts on top of macaroni, pour the rest of the soup mixture over.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
My DH & I liked the chicken but not the pasta part very much. I think we might like it better with mushroom soup instead of celery. But it is easy and quick.