Recipe by Ria Bia
This recipe comes from the March 2010 Cooking Light magazine, but when you eat it, it does not feel like you are eating light! It is an absolutely amazing pizza....one of my favorites hands down! I usually make it without the chives because the flavor is still so zesty without it. This recipe is also very very easy...great for a weekday night dinner.
- 3 ounces apple chicken sausage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet onions, vertically sliced
- 1 cup fennel bulb, thinly sliced (about 1 small bulb)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) pizza crusts, prebaked
- 3 ounces gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; saute 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Add oil to pan. Add fennel, onion, and salt; cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Top evenly with onion mixture; sprinkle with cheese, and top evenly with sausage. Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle evenly with chives. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.