Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
One dish meal, with chicken, sausage, potatoes, peppers in a tomato sauce. Great for a Sunday afternoon dinner on a cold winter's day. Simple ingredients that can be easily adjusted with herbs and seasonings for your own families preferences. Sweet or hot sausage may be used, or instead of chicken legs, pieces of equal size may be used.
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 2 green bell peppers, cored and cut into even wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage
- 3 lbs chicken legs
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic powder
- minced dried onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 13 x 9 baking dish, place potatoes evenly on bottom. Sprinkle minced garlic on top and season with some salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread green peppers then pour can of crushed tomatoes over all.
- Sprinkle with oregano and basil.
- Cut sausage into even pieces and spread over top. Intermingle with chicken legs.
- Lightly brush olive oil over chicken, and season top with garlic powder, dried minced onions, salt an pepper.
- Baked uncovered for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Done when potatoes are soft when pierced with fork, and chicken is lightly crisp and juices run clear.