Recipe by Donna Matthews
This is a refreshing summer salad for a luncheon or light dinner, especially when the peaches are coming fresh off your own trees.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a very simple, fresh tasting salad that made a nice lunch. I agree with another reviewer and think next time I will decrease the mayonnaise just a little and increase the lime juice. The flavor of the fresh ginger was detectable but subtle to me. I added just a hint of salt to bring the flavors forward. Thanks for the opportunity to try something new.
- 4 large peaches
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onions or 1⁄2 cup chives
- 8 cups salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts for 20 minute cool and cube.
- peel peaches (if desired) and dice.
- roughly chop walnuts.
- thinly slice green onions.
- combine chicken, peaches, onion and walnuts in large bowl.
- combine dressing ingredients, mix well.
- pour over chicken mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve put salad greens into individual bowls and mound chicken/dressing mixture on top.
- Or place serving bowls of both the chicken and salad greens and let people dish their own.
- A fresh loaf of herb bread compliments this salad for a complete meal.