Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chinese fruit in a chicken salad.
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 whole chicken breast, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup japanese pickled ginger
- 2 heads romaine lettuce leaves, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 whole roma tomatoes, sliced in wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups vidalia onions, slice thin
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup longan, drain
- kraft Catalina dressing
- In a pot add the water, onion powder, ginger powder, and salt.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well; turn off the heat.
- After 4 to 5 minutes pour the mixture into a colander to drain.
- Place the chicken pieces into a bowl to cool, and into the refrigerator until chilled.
- Combine chicken and pickled ginger and mix well.
- In a cold mixing bowl add the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and longan.
- Top with chilled chicken mixture and Catalina dressing.