Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great and healthy way to take last nights leftover chicken and combine it with everyday ingredients in your fridge for a quick salad.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced avocado
- 1⁄2 shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream or 1 tablespoon low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt (to season)
- pepper (to season)
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, and mustard. Mix fully.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, and avacados.
- Pour dill dressing over salad mixture and toss to combine.
- Taste and season with salt & pepper if necessary. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serving suggestions: can serve as is with crackers or pita chips, over a bed of greens with croutons, or mix in 1 cup cooked and cooled pasta of your choice.