Recipe by Salesgirl
This main dish salad looks very attractive and tastes even better. Simple, readily available ingredients that are more than the sum of their parts. Easy to make but there is a trick. The broccoli must be green and crisp for the recipe to WOW. Fresh dill can certainly be used but I rarely have it on hand as I do dried dill.
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 3⁄4 cups broccoli, broken into flowerets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 medium red onion, chopped small
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken breasts by your preferred method. I usually poach them. Also, cook the broccoli flowers as you wish BUT keep them bright green with a bit of crunch.
- Mix cooked cubed chicken and broccoli together with remaining ingredients. Best served chilled.