Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This main dish salad looks very attractive and tastes even better. Simple, readily available ingredients that are more than the sum of their parts. Easy to make but there is a trick. The broccoli must be green and crisp for the recipe to WOW. Fresh dill can certainly be used but I rarely have it on hand as I do dried dill.
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 3⁄4 cups broccoli, broken into flowerets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 medium red onion, chopped small
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Cook the chicken breasts by your preferred method. I usually poach them. Also, cook the broccoli flowers as you wish BUT keep them bright green with a bit of crunch.
- Mix cooked cubed chicken and broccoli together with remaining ingredients. Best served chilled.
This recipe was easy to make, but I didn't like the taste. It was a little bitter/sour. I would not make it again.
I like this. Easy to make, very delish. I steamed broccoli, then plopped it in ice water to keep it bright greeen. Putonion and broccoli in small food processor as I need items small as I have a swallowing problem. This is definetly a keeper and good enough for "covered dish luncheons" Thanks my adopted child, you did your momma proud.
I made this for my mom and I for lunch and oh my gosh is it delicious! The dill flavor is wonderful. We served it with broccoli soup and they were great together. I steamed the broccoli until it was tender-crisp but was still a pretty bright green. I used reduced fat sour cream and light mayonnaise with great results. By leaving out the chicken and broccoli this would also make a wonderful veggie dip. Thanks for sharing this recipe!