Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is not your mother's chicken salad! However, it IS my mother's. Mom makes this for special occasions and it always goes quickly and generates oohs and ahs.
- 4 cups roasted or canned chicken, bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces strawberry cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- Mix chicken, celery, pecans, add salt& pepper to taste, fold in mayonaise and cream cheese, chill well, enjoy!
- The time I've entered for cooking is actually for chilling.
Pretty in pink! Something different...the strawberry taste is subtle...loved it! A nice creamy consistency too. It seemed like a lot of pecans but the amount was perfect. This would be good with a few bits of fresh strawberry substituted for some of the grapes, and fresh herbs would be good in this too. Thanks for sharing your Mom's recipe. Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness