Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious straight from the oven or cooled and packed into a lunch box or picnic basket with a simple green salad. If you are serving these hot, try pairing them with my cracked tapas patatas bravas.
- 375 g ready rolled puff pastry
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 150 g coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade. Open out the pastry onto a lightly floured board and roll out slightly so its large enough to cut into 4 15x20cm rectangles. Spread the centre of each rectangle with the mustard and place a chicken fillet in each. Season with salt and pepper then place 2 sage leaves on each fillets.
- Scatter the cheese evenly over each fillet, then dampen the edges of the pastry with a little water. Fold the pastry over to enclose the filling, squeezing together the edges between finger and thumb to ensure no melted cheese can escape during baking.
- Transfer the parcels to a baking sheet, seam side down, then brush each with a little milk. Bake for 35 minutes until the pastry is crisp and deep golden and the chicken has cooked through. Serve hot or cold.