Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There's a little bit of prep time for this dish, but the end result is wonderful. I got this recipe many years ago from a friend after having it at a dinner party there.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups crushed bacon flavored crackers
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- milk, to make desired thickness of sauce
- Flatten chicken breasts with wooden mallet.
- Saute onion and celery in butter; add remaining ingredients except soup.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Put 1 Tbsp above dressing in center of each breast.
- Roll and fasten with toothpicks.
- Roll in flour; brown in oil.
- Put in casserole dish and add any leftover dressing.
- Mix milk and soup and pour over all; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Can be refrigerated overnight and baked again for 1 hour at 300 degrees prior to serving.