Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rimonim means pomegranates in Hebrew.
- 1 chicken, cut into eighths
- pomegranates, juice of
- 1 pomegranate, seeds of
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 2 cups chicken soup
- Soak chicken pieces in the pomegranate juice for half an hour.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and caraway seeds together.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the mixture.
- Reserve the pomegranate juice.
- Fry the coated chicken pieces in margarine.
- Add the diced onion, and continue to fry.
- When the chicken has been well-browned, add the pomegranate juice and chicken soup, and cook on a low flame for 20 minutes.
- Add the pomegranate seeds before serving.