Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
My friend Christy and I were watching some movies one night and at intermission, decided it was dinner time. Her little boy, Damian was quite the picky tyke and we knew that feeding him would be what we based our meal on. Well, this was something we'd been meaning to try, so we gave it a go. Four adult and two little thumbs up! Easy, one large skillet, and not a lot of dishes to wash. It was also quick. This is something to throw together after working in the field all day too.
Top Review by Nana Lee
This is so gooooodddd! I'm sorry I didn't make it sooner. I must confess that I did use 1/2# fresh mushrooms, fresh broccoli, and 1 cup regular rice. I added 2 cups of chicken broth to compensate for using the regular rice. Naturally it took a bit longer because of the rice but definitely was worth it. Thank you for the great recipe! Lee
- 1 lb boneless chicken meat
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, floweretts thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, chopped very fine and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a bit of oil in a large and fry the chicken until done. Shred or cut into bite-sized pieces, if desired. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the can of soup, water, paprika, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add the broccoli, mushrooms, and rice inches Reduce heat to low and add chicken back in the skillet.
- Cover and cook until the rice is done, anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Let rest a few minutes.