Bread Pudding W/ Whiskey Sauce
photo by Ackman
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- For the pudding:.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Tear the french bread into small pieces, a little bigger than a quarter, into a large bowl.
- Combine the chopped dates & the milk with the bread & let stand for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Beat together the remaining ingredients until well blended & gently stir into the bread mixture, until well blended.
- Put into a lightly greased 9 X 9 pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife, inserted into the center, comes out clean.
- For the whiskey sauce:.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the sugar, egg yolk & water.
- Stir constantly on medium heat until sugar is dissolved & sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat & stir in the whiskey.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong>The only thing I like better than cooking, is eating! I learned a lot about cooking from my Dad & an ornery old Norwegian cook, that I used to work for. <br />I don't get into fancy foods...just good ol' down-home, stick-to-your-ribs vittles...I'm a COOK...NOT a Chef! I <span>LUV</span> to bbq & grill!!<img title=Cool src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif border=0 alt=Cool /> Except for pies, I don't do much baking, such as cookies, bars or cakes...that's the wife's dept. & believe me, she does a mighty FINE job!!! <br />I'm a firm believer that flavored coffee & flavored beer should be OUTLAWED & I will NOT eat Lima Beans or Lutefisk...YUK!!! <img title=Yell src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif border=0 alt=Yell /><br />Our favorite place to eat is Old Abe's...a local supper club located on a wooded back-road! We also enjoy Panera Bread, Dickey's BBQ & Picanha Brazillian Steak House!!!<br />I've been married since 1977 to the most wonderful lady a man could ever ask for. We have 9 beautiful Grandkids...5 girls 4 boys, a VERY SPOILED white German Shephard (Tori) & a VERY goofy cat (Angel)! (Both of these are rescued animals.) <br />We collect antique gasoline engines & attend several shows here in the Midwest.I also enjoy ice fishing, Milwaukee Brewers baseball, WI Badger football, but most of all, we're HUGE GREEN BAY PACKERS Fans!!!!! GO PACK GO!!!!!</strong></p> 8724987"