1/1 Photo of Chicken Quesadilla Casserole
David R. Harris's Note:
A good mexican casserole that is also decently healthy! To make it truly guilt free, grill/boil the chicken instead of sauteing, substitute light cheese (or use less), and use corn or whole wheat tortillas. The difference is truly subtle, and can have a major impact on calories!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 3 -5 flour tortillas, Burrito-sized
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cut chicken into small diced pieces, and saute in large skillet with Olive Oil and onions over medium-high heat until cooked throughout.
- 3Add Rotel, beans, tomato sauce, corn, and spices to chicken. Cook for 5 minutes until fully heated. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 4In a 9"x13" greased casserole dish, put just enough of the mixture to cover the bottom of the dish. Layer tortillas, half of the remaining mixture, half of the cheese, tortillas, and the remainder of the mixture. Cover with the remainder of the cheese.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes, and then allow casserole to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Quesadilla Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 900.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 24.8 g