Recipe by Rita~
This I had mostly left overs! And the family didn't know the difference! It did disappear!! They loved it just as your family would love it!
Top Review by Denise in da Kitchen
This was very good! I used the corn, but instead of asparagus, I used a peas and carrots combo. Also, I forgot the red pepper, but I think next time I'll be sure to use it. I also left out the curry (DH can't stand it). I layered it in a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish and it turned out great. DH thought that it tasted a little like Thanksgiving. It really is surprising how tasty these few leftover ingredients can be. Thanks Rita for this new favorite for my Left-Overs cookbook!
- 2 left over chicken breasts, that were seasoned, grilled, and diced
- 2 cups left over mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup cooked asparagus, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 fresh red pepper, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a pie pan with pam.
- Layer chicken in bottom of pan.
- Follow with all the veggies except the mashed potatoes.
- Mix curry with soup and spread over vegies.
- Spread potatoes over veggies to seal in all.
- Add dabs of butter over potatoes sprinkle with paprika and cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes 350 degrees.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!