This recipe appeared in SHAPE magazine's August 2000 issue. I've been making it ever since. My husband loves to eat them and always requests them on his birthday. I love that they freeze well.
- To create the filling, mix the ground chicken, green onions, soy sauce, salt, and ground pepper in a large bowl.
- Place an eighth of the mixture in the center of a wrapper.
- Use a water to dampen the corners and edges of the wrapper.
- Pull the corners up around the filling and press them together, creating a neat little package.
- Repeat 7 more times until you have created 8 wontons.
- (If you're cooking in bulk and want to freeze the wontons, stop here.) In a non-stick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Place the wontons in the skillet, seam side up, and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- When the bottoms of the wontons begin to brown, add chicken broth.
- Place a lid on the skillet and cook until chicken is done, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve with soy sauce.