1/3 Photos of Chicken Pot Stickers
J Wa's Note:
This recipe appeared in SHAPE magazine's August 2000 issue. I've been making it ever since. My husband loves to eat them and always requests them on his birthday. I love that they freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To create the filling, mix the ground chicken, green onions, soy sauce, salt, and ground pepper in a large bowl.
- 2Place an eighth of the mixture in the center of a wrapper.
- 3Use a water to dampen the corners and edges of the wrapper.
- 4Pull the corners up around the filling and press them together, creating a neat little package.
- 5Repeat 7 more times until you have created 8 wontons.
- 6(If you're cooking in bulk and want to freeze the wontons, stop here.) In a non-stick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- 7Place the wontons in the skillet, seam side up, and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- 8When the bottoms of the wontons begin to brown, add chicken broth.
- 9Place a lid on the skillet and cook until chicken is done, approximately 5 minutes.
- 10Serve with soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Stickers
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.2 mg
- Sodium 1031.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 27.7 g