Sesame Chicken Pot Stickers
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb turkey
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (Flaky Layers from Pillsbury, 8 biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- thinly sliced green onion top (to garnish)
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, egg, onion powder, sesame oil, soy sauce, carrot, 2 green onions and black pepper until well blended.
- Stir in chicken until well blended.
- Separate biscuit dough into 8 biscuits; separate each evenly into 2 layers, making 16 biscuit rounds.
- Press each into 4-inch round.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon chicken mixture on center of each dough round.
- Fold up dough over filling, pinching edges together to form a standing seam along top of each pot sticker.
- Place 8 pot stickers on cookie sheet; cover and refrigerate.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-low heat until mixture is bubbly.
- Add remaining 8 pot stickers, seam sides up; cook 2 to 5 minutes or until bottoms are light golden brown.
- Remove skillet from heat; slowly add 1/2 cup broth.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sesame seed.
- Immediately cover and return to heat; cook 10 minutes--do not uncover. Turn off heat; let stand covered 5 to 7 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet; cover tightly.
- Repeat with remaining pot stickers.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat jam, preserves and red pepper flakes over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until jam and preserves are melted and mixture is boiling.
- Remove from heat; strain sauce.
- Place pot stickers on serving plate. Drizzle with sauce. Garnish with green onion tops.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am an amateur cook and baker, but I love experimenting with new recipes and adapting them to my tastes, macros, and dietary preferences.</p> 8740141"