Top Review by kittycatmom
We really liked this! Very rich and so fulfilling on a cold fall night! I had extra pie crust so used that instead of puffed pastry, also used left over rotisserie chicken which made this come together quickly for a week night supper. Thank you Jess! Made for Fall 2009 PAC
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml flour
- 118.29 ml onion, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 946.36 ml milk
- 29.58 ml chicken soup base
- 118.29 ml cooked potato, cubed
- 473.18 ml frozen mixed vegetables
- 473.18 ml chicken, shredded
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- puff pastry sheets or uncooked pie crust
- 1 egg, Beaten
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and cook onion and celery in butter on low until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Add flour and cook on low for a minute stirring constantly so it doesn't burn.
- Add the milk, chicken broth, and chicken base and stir with a whisk until it comes to a boil and has thickened. If too thick add more broth or milk. Turn down heat and add the chicken, potatoes, and vegetables. Season with salt, pepper. Let simmer for a minute on low. Add the cream.
- Ladle into oven safe bowls and top with pieces of puff pastry or pie crust. Brush with egg. And bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375 degree oven until pastry or crust is cooked (times depend on what type you use). Sprinkle with chopped parsley.