Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
May serve as a main dish and also see my variations below. I created this to accommodate using all pantry ingredients & suited it to my families taste in March 2004. Using garden fresh ingredients taste great too.
- 2 (11 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (3 cups, low-fat variety)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn (4 cups, super sweet variety, well drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas (2 cups, well drained)
- 2 (13 ounce) cans chicken (2 cups, precooked & chunk cut)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons bacon (bits)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick (E-Z Low Fat Bisquick Mix preferred)
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk (already prepared, "Morning Moo's" low-fat dry milk variety)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
- Mix soup, corn, peas & chicken in a 9x13 glass pan & then spread it evenly & flat.
- Evenly sprinkle lemon pepper, garlic & bacon on top of mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk together well Bisquick & milk & then pour on top of mixture in pan.
- Evenly sprinkle parsley on top of the Bisquick crust.
- Bake uncovered for 21 minute in a convection or about 30 minute in a traditional oven.
- Let set & cool for 12 minute.
- Use fresh vegetables & seasonings in place of the canned, see fresh measurements in the (parenthesis).
- Swap out 1 can of corn for carrots or try a different variety of cream soup.
- Divide recipe in half & put into 2 separate 9" glass pie pans & cook then freeze one pie for later.
- Also this pie holds well it's texture & taste later reheated in a microwave.
Wow. The perfect comfort food. Really loved the lemon pepper and bacon bits in this. The only thing I did different was use 2 cooked chicken breasts instead of canned chicken. Everybody scarfed it up.