Recipe by ct in ut
May serve as a main dish and also see my variations below. I created this to accommodate using all pantry ingredients & suited it to my families taste in March 2004. Using garden fresh ingredients taste great too.
Top Review by Laura O.
Wow. The perfect comfort food. Really loved the lemon pepper and bacon bits in this. The only thing I did different was use 2 cooked chicken breasts instead of canned chicken. Everybody scarfed it up.
- 2 (11 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (3 cups, low-fat variety)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn (4 cups, super sweet variety, well drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas (2 cups, well drained)
- 2 (13 ounce) cans chicken (2 cups, precooked & chunk cut)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons bacon (bits)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick (E-Z Low Fat Bisquick Mix preferred)
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk (already prepared, "Morning Moo's" low-fat dry milk variety)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
- Mix soup, corn, peas & chicken in a 9x13 glass pan & then spread it evenly & flat.
- Evenly sprinkle lemon pepper, garlic & bacon on top of mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk together well Bisquick & milk & then pour on top of mixture in pan.
- Evenly sprinkle parsley on top of the Bisquick crust.
- Bake uncovered for 21 minute in a convection or about 30 minute in a traditional oven.
- Let set & cool for 12 minute.
- Use fresh vegetables & seasonings in place of the canned, see fresh measurements in the (parenthesis).
- Swap out 1 can of corn for carrots or try a different variety of cream soup.
- Divide recipe in half & put into 2 separate 9" glass pie pans & cook then freeze one pie for later.
- Also this pie holds well it's texture & taste later reheated in a microwave.