Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting for ease, since it is on my menu for the next two weeks. This is another recipe from Joanna Lund. Her recipes fit perfectly into the diet program I use. I can't wait to try this. Prep times will be an estimate. Per generous portion is only 285 calories. Diabetic Exchange are: 2 Protein, 1 1/2 Starch and 1 Vegetable.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms, drained (one 2.5 ounce jar)
- 3 cups noodles, rinsed and drained (hot)
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced (5 ounces)
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free parmesan cheese, grated (3/4 ounce)
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded (3 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-by-12-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan sprayed with cooking spray, combine chicken soup, dry milk powder and water.
- Stir in parsley flakes, carrots, onion, celery and mushrooms.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange half of noodles in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of chicken over noodles.
- Spoon half of sauce mixture of chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread cottage cheese mixture evenly over sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- Divide into 6 servings.