Recipe by Jen's Kitchen
I got this from a Time Life recipe card service I subscribe too. It sounds good!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour in zippered bag. In medium bowl, whisk together egg, seasoned salt and paprika. Cut chicken into 3/4 inch cubes, add to bowl and toss until coated.
- Remove chicken in small batches with slotted spoon; place in flour bag. Shake to coat and place chicken pieces on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- In large skillet over medium-high, heat 1 inch of oil to 350 degrees, about 3-5 minutes. Place half of chicken pieces in skillet and cook, turning frequently until golden, 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken with slotted spoon onto paper towels to drain.
- Add more oil if necessary and return to 350 degrees F. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together honey mustard and sour cream. In second small bowl, combine ketchup, jam and orange zest. Place bowls on serving platter and surround with chicken poppers.