Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A tasty quiche with a wonderfully different crust...
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- Combine flour, 1 cup cheese, chopped pecans, salt and paprika in a bowl and mix well. Add oil and combine until well mixed. Press firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9" deep dish pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine sour cream, broth, mayo, and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, dill, and hot sauce.
- Pour chicken mixture into prepared crust. Arrange pecan halves over the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I really liked this. I've had the recipe for a while & finally tried it. I changed just a little of it. First I only made half. I used 4 small pot pie pans which fit the 1/2 recipe perfectly. I added about a teaspoon of honey Dijon mustard. Instead of the halved pecans I topped it with chopped pecans. Otherwise I followed the recipe. I will be making this one again.
This is FANTASTIC. Unique crust and great filling sends it right to the top of my quiche list and it is safely tucked into my cookbook! Made for Photo Tag.