Recipe by kare2tock_2080052
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. A delicious white sauce using ranch, and cream cheese make this chicken, pasta and cheese bake bursting with flavor
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, seasoning mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed (room temp)
- 2 cups chicken breasts, grilled and sliced (I like to use leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 8 ounces macaroni noodles (pre-cooked)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, make a roux with the butter and flour by stirring together and cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix and whisk until smooth. Stir in the cream cheese and simmer until the cheese melts. Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, macaroni and Italian cheese blend to the skillet and blend well.
- Spread into an 8 X 8 baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan and chives and sprinkle onto the chicken/noodle mixture in the pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.