Recipe by Whisper
This is a lo-cal recipe that I got in Diet Workshop years ago. It was one of the more flavorful diet recipes that I found.
Top Review by PaulaG
This makes a nice weeknight meal. It reduces well to serve 2. I used 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts leaving them whole and topping them with sliced onions, sliced green pepper rings and the mushrooms. Prepared the sauce and poured over the chicken and veggies. It cooked in 45 minutes, the chicken was moist and the sauce had a hint of sweetness with the flavor orange. I did use regular brown sugar instead of the sugar twin.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown Sugar Twin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in Pam-sprayed shallow baking dish.
- Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a shallow saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, over moderate heat until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally.