Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Easy to make for a weeknight supper. Sometimes I'll add a sliced green pepper after I saute the chicken. I serve this over rice.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Shake chicken in flour, mixed with salt and pepper.
- Brown in butter; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple.
- Mix cornstarch, juice and soy sauce.
- Stir into chicken until thickened and glossy.
- Sprinkle almonds over each serving.
Fast and easy but too much pepper for us. Next time I think I will use less pepper and add more oriental spices such as ginger and extra soy sauce. We also used green pepper and snow peas, but didn't use the almonds and served it over rice.