Recipe by LB in Middle Georgia
when visiting family we ate at a local Pizzeria and ordered a pizza similer to this, I immediately fell in love with its combinations of flavors my husband doesn't like blue cheese but surprisingly the kids love the pizza and he likes a bite or two. When arriving back home in the Midwest I had to duplicate it so through trial and more trial I have come up with this rendition. Every time I take this to a ladies meeting or a potluck people rave how good this is.
Top Review by Blueberry
Thank you! This was really good. I made this for myself and 5 children, including 3 teen boys. I didn't measure anything, just piled the ingredients on a package of two pre-made crusts. I used thin sliced beef insted of the canadian bacon since I had it on hand. Also used sliced swiss cheese since that's all I could find at the store. Very good. I'll be making this again.
- 1 (14 -16 inch) pizza crusts
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 cups turkey meat
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese dressing, of your choice i like light house
- 1⁄2 cup Canadian bacon, cut in 1/4
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate raw chicken or turkey that has been cut into bite size pieces in Italian dressing. I like to trough it in a Ziploc over night but at least 1 hour before
- Cook meat in fry pan drain of excess dressing let cool slightly.
- Cut Canadian bacon
- Grate cheese if necessary.
- Spread blue cheese dressing as sauce sprinkle a hand full of cheese on sauce.
- Arrange Canadian bacon then chicken or turkey over pizza
- And top with remaining cheese
- Bake at 450 for about 15 to 20 minutes just until golden brown.