- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, thin sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream or 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup white port
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12 inch skillet over medium high heat, in hot butter cook mushrooms 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon to bowl. Set aside.
- In plastic bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Coat chicken breasts by tossing in closed bag. In same skillet, in remaining butter, over medium high heat, cook chicken until brown.
- Stir in cream, port, and mushrooms, heat until boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes until chicken is fork tender.