- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish combine the butter, honey and mustard.
- Put baking pan in oven to melt butter, making sure to blend everything together well.
- Next roll chicken in butter mixture.
- Place in baking dish with skin side down.
- Bake for 45 minutes in preheated 375 degree fahrenheit oven; baste every 15 minutes with sauce.
- After 45 minutes turn chicken and bake 30 minutes more until crispy.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them. "
Join The Conversation
The rating was from 5 to 3 so we have settled on a 4 but I've personally decided after deliberation is really does deserve a 5. I used skinless boneless chicken fillets at about 250 grams each and allowed 45 minutes to cook them in the mix and to be honest when added they started to cook and with so much sauce just turned the chicken breasts and allowed 45 minutes to cook them and the juices/sauce was good served over some rice and we had steamed vegetables on the side. Depending how it affects my blood sugars of I will make again I would say I prefer on the bone so would use thigh on the bone which is readily available if not cooking for the DH or otherwise buy a whole chicken and quarter it and cook as per recipe.
Made this chicken for dinner this evening. I was a bit skeptical because I thought it'd just taste like mustard, but wow. This is the best chicken i've ever had. The only changes I made were that I added garlic and s/p like Sarasota suggested. I will definitely be making this again. This chicken is so good I wouldn't hesitate to serve it to dinner guests. Thanks for posting!